Wednesday, May 10, 2017




SCRIPT__ A boat docked in a tiny Mexican village. M: fisherman T: tourist
 A tourist compliment the fisherman on his fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

M  "Not very long,"
T "But then, why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"
Mexican:  his small catch was sufficient to meet his family needs.
T:  "But what do you do with the rest of your time?"
M  "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, and take a siesta with my wife. In the evenings, I go into the village to see my friends, have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs. I have a full life." 
T interrupted, "I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you! You should start by fishing longer every day.
M: Should I?A: You can then sell the extra fish you catch. With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."
"And after that?" asked the Mexican. 
T: "With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers-boats.
 M an entire fleet!? you said... 
T: Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.
M  my own plant, you mean.... 
T:  You can then leave this little village and move to Mexico City, Los Angeles, or even New York City! From there you can direct your huge new enterprise." 
M   "How long would that take?"A "Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years," replied.
M  "And after that?"
T:  "Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting," (laughing) "When your business gets really big, you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"
M  "Millions? Really? And after that?".

T  "After that you'll be able to retire, live in a tiny village near the coast, sleep late, play with your children, catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog